What does it mean to be a Northern New England Campus Compact VISTA Member?
Being a VISTA Member with the Northern New England Campus Compact VISTA Collaboration means joining the fight against poverty by rolling up your sleeves and going where you are needed across beautiful Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont to help colleges, universities, and K-12 schools to expand college access and success for low-income students. It might mean creating activities that introduce rural students to STEM careers, recruiting mentors and tutors to help students succeed and thrive, or assessing needs, analyzing evaluations, and recommending new materials, resources, or tools to make organizations more effective. It definitely means you are a leader, a collaborator, a problem solver, a critical thinker, a learner, and a creator ready to adapt, work hard, and commit to a year of service in the education field. It means you are ready – ready for an adventure, ready for a challenge, and ready to make a difference.
- Post service educational award totaling $6,195 or cash stipend of $1,800
- Bi-weekly living allowance
- Health Coverage (For details about the AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcoverage
- Relocation allowance (if farther than 50 miles)
- Student loan forbearance or deferment for qualifying loans
- Ongoing training, support, and professional development
How to apply for a 20-21 position:
Requirements: Must be 18-years-old and a college graduate with reliable transportation
1. Review open positions and click on button to apply.
2. Submit a cover letter and resume to MaeAnna Edwards.
3. Application Screening: Our office will review your application and then contact you to let you know your status.
4. Screening Interview: Applicants will be contacted by the Northern New England Campus Compact VISTA Collaboration team to schedule an initial screening conversation.
5. Host Site Review: Interviewees who are a good fit for this work and would be a great addition to our Northern New England VISTA team will have their applications passed on to the host site(s) of their interest.
6. Final Interview: After reviewing application information, host site(s) will hold interviews with those applicants whom they feel are best suited for their environment and the important work to be carried out. All final placement decisions will be made by the Northern New England Campus Compact VISTA Collaboration team and candidates will be contacted directly.