Office Manager Job Description
Campus Compact for New Hampshire (CCNH) is a nonprofit higher education consortium that works to improve learning and strengthen communities by integrating service and civic responsibility throughout college life.
New Hampshire College & University Council (NHCUC) The New Hampshire College & University Council (NHCUC) is a nonprofit consortium of colleges and universities that collaborate to expand education opportunities across the state.
CCNH and NHCUC collaborate with other community and business partners to administer high-impact initiatives such as GEAR UP, New Hampshire Scholars, and AmeriCorps VISTA. These and other initiatives help students succeed in school while providing millions of dollars in services in areas like education, environmental sustainability, health care, poverty, food insecurity, and more.
The Officer Manager is a key position within the two organizations and is responsible for coordinating all general office services to ensure the highest levels of efficiency and professional operation of the office. The Office Manager is expected to use independent judgment, a high level of discretion and to be a flexible team player. But it’s more than that. Your work will help us make a lasting impact on students and communities across New Hampshire.
- Provide support to the NHCUC and CCNH leadership team, including scheduling
- Greets and welcomes visitors to the office
- Daily opens, date stamps and distributes mail to appropriate personnel
- Determines importance of mail received and notifies appropriate personnel of mail and materials requiring priority attention
- Daily opens, date stamps and scans all invoices to send to billing
- Daily opens, date stamps, and prepares cash receipts for incoming checks.
- Handles all purchasing requests once approved by supervisors
- Manage credit card receipts
- Regularly answers general telephone inquiries and responds to callers’ requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintains organizational calendars as well as individual calendar of leadership team
- Coordinates regular staff meetings, including development and maintenance of weekly agendas, task sheets, notes, Zoom setup, and notification of meetings
- Maintains various computer-based committee and mailing lists
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and purchases supplies and materials to ensure sufficient supply levels
- Responsible for maintaining files and documents in an efficient and organized manner
- Manage all travel for leadership team and grant required conferences
- Support all virtual events by setting up and hosting the Zoom platform, organizing agendas, coordinating speakers, and other associated event tasks
- Support all in-person events, including coordinating room reservations, AV, refreshments, agendas, speakers, and other associated event tasks
- Responsible for reserving meeting rooms as needed including ordering of refreshments and AV as requested by staff using approved request form
- Assists and coordinates preparations associated with Board of Directors including scheduling meetings, setting up Zoom, and recording minutes as requested
- Compiles information and formats reports, graphs, tables, records, and other sources of information, as requested by leadership team
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed for Executive Director and President
- Weekly collects and files documents from the offices of the NHCUC President and CCNH Executive Director
Required: High School Diploma or GED
Preferred: Two years college or equivalent work experience
Three years of related experience required. Additional education may be substituted for years of work experience.
Proficient with Microsoft Office products. Proficient with Zoom platform.
Ability to handle sensitive information with high level of confidentiality and discretion
Chief Operating Officer
This position is in-person, Monday – Friday, and located in Concord, NH.
May oversee or coordinate the support staff work of others
Exchanges information using both tact and persuasion. Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
This job description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibility:
Knows the formal and informal organizational goals, standards, policies and procedures including familiarity with the sensitivity to the inter-relationship of individuals and functions within the two organizations
On a regular and continuous basis, exercises administrative judgement and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within the organizations. In addition, exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range is $40,000 – $45,000.
The specific salary offered will be based on a candidate’s relevant skills, experience, and credentials.
CCNH/NHCUC offers a generous benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Health insurance
- Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Generous 401K Plan
Other benefits that make CCNH/NHCUC a great place to work:
- Exciting work with colleagues who are dedicated to our service mission
- A highly collaborative professional environment
- An opportunity to make a real difference in New Hampshire communities
- Freedom to make decisions, be creative, and bring innovative ideas to the table
- Healthy work/life balance—we value both professional growth and personal development
CCNH/NHCUC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. We strive to create an equitable, inclusive workplace where everyone feels a strong sense of belonging.
At CCNH, our team is creative, hardworking, fun loving, and passionate about what we do. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit and inclusive culture. We conduct our work with a set of core values that include integrity, respect, creativity, kindness, innovation, and excellence.