Digital and Communications Specialist
Campus Compact for New Hampshire (CCNH)
New Hampshire College & University Council
Campus Compact for New Hampshire (CCNH) is a nonprofit higher education consortium that works to improve learning and strengthen communities by integrating service and civic responsibility throughout college life.
CCNH collaborates with the New Hampshire College & University Council and other community and business partners to administer high-impact initiatives such as GEAR UP, New Hampshire Scholars, and AmeriCorps VISTA. These and other initiatives help students succeed in school while providing millions of dollars in services in areas like education, environmental sustainability, health care, poverty, food insecurity, and more.
The Digital and Communications Specialist is a vital part of our organization. In this full-time role, you will be responsible for developing and posting content on our websites, social media platforms, e-newsletters, and other media to demonstrate the impact of our work and increase involvement in our programs. But it’s more than that. Your work will help us make a lasting impact on students and communities across New Hampshire.
This is a hybrid position. The Digital and Communications Specialist must be able work in our Concord, NH-based office two days per week and attend all in person and virtual events (statewide).
- Work with program staff to set messaging goals and prioritize information
- Develop effective tactics and timing for sharing key messages and engaging target audiences across platforms
- Curate internal and external information to guide messaging and help retain the organization’s position as a leader in the field
- Measure the effectiveness of communications efforts by analyzing engagement metrics for continual improvement
Content Development & Distribution
- Develop valuable and timely content about our organization and its programs for a range of communications platforms
- Format and post content on our social media channels, websites, and e-newsletters
- Monitor and respond to social media posts relating to our organization or its work
- Write other informational pieces as needed—e.g., press releases, impact summaries, volunteer recruitment notices, etc.
- Author annual impact reports
- Work with program staff to monitor activity across programs and set priorities for outreach efforts
- Develop and implement a communications calendar to guide messaging across channels
- Exceptional writing and organizational skills
- Strong deadline orientation
- Proven success in engaging audiences through effective use of storytelling, imagery, video, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels and from all backgrounds
- An entrepreneurial and creative mindset, with the ability to execute independently as well as in collaboration with others
- Flexibility to learn new software and technology in order to get the job done
- Capacity to see the big picture while paying close attention to detail
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., communications, journalism, marketing)
- 2 to 4 years of experience in communications
- 2+ years managing social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), including content development and analytics
- Nonprofit and/or higher education experience preferred
Technical & Professional Skills
- Solid understanding of social media platforms
- Experience with web and email communications; knowledge of WordPress and MailChimp preferred
- Facility with Microsoft Office applications
- Photography/videography experience a plus
- Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for the Digital and Communications specialist is $55,000 – $60,000.
The specific salary offered will be based on a candidate’s relevant skills, experience, and credentials.
CCNH offers a generous benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Health insurance
- Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Generous 401K Plan
Other benefits that make CCNH a great place to work:
- Exciting work with colleagues who are dedicated to our service mission
- A highly collaborative professional environment
- An opportunity to make a real difference in New Hampshire communities
- Freedom to make decisions, be creative, and bring innovative ideas to the table
- Healthy work/life balance—we value both professional growth and personal development
CCNH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. We strive to create an equitable, inclusive workplace where everyone feels a strong sense of belonging.
At CCNH, our team is creative, hardworking, fun loving, and passionate about what we do. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit and inclusive culture. We conduct our work with a set of core values that include integrity, respect, creativity, kindness, innovation, and excellence.