Summer Intensive on Community-Engaged Scholarship
June 3 - June 7$550
Attention: Early career, tenure-track faculty and advanced graduate students seeking faculty or staff positions in higher education
Michigan State University’s Office of University Outreach and Engagement is hosting a Summer Intensive that will focus on community-engaged research and community-engaged teaching and learning, including service-learning and community-based research in classes. The Summer Intensive is composed of interactive workshops, lunches in disciplinary clusters and with senior community-engaged scholars, dialogue with community partners, and time to develop your own community engagement plan for your return to campus.
At the end of four days, you will come away with:
- Conceptual frameworks and scholarly resources
- Practical partnership, collaboration, and evaluation tools
- Perspectives from community partners on engagement
- Career advice from senior community-engaged scholars about promotion and tenure
- Strategies for publishing community-engaged scholarship
- Strategies for translating university knowledge for public audiences
- Support from a network of interdisciplinary colleagues
Online applications due: April 5, 2019.
Click here for application and more information.