The NH Food Insecurity AmeriCorps Program is one of four pilot programs in the country. Partnering with Volunteer NH and the NH Food Bank, this program will place 20 AmeriCorps members in regional pockets of the state focused on food insecurity and meeting people’s basic needs. This focus area has only been amplified by the pandemic with more and more families experiencing food insecurity. See below for more information to apply to be an AmeriCorps member working on this project!
NH Food Insecurity AmeriCorps Program
- Post service educational award totaling $6,195 or cash stipend of $1,800
- Bi-weekly living allowance
- Health Coverage (For details about the AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcoverage
- Relocation allowance (if farther than 50 miles)
- Student loan forbearance or deferment for qualifying loans
- Ongoing training, support, and professional development
How to apply:
Requirements: Must be 18-years-old with reliable transportation
1. Review open positions and click on button to apply.
2. Submit a cover letter and resume to Terri Greene Henning.
3. Application Screening: Our office will review your application and then contact you to let you know your status.
4. Screening Interview: Applicants will be contacted by the Food Insecurity AmeriCorps Program team to schedule an initial screening conversation.
5. Host Site Review: Interviewees who are a good fit for this work and would be a great addition to our program will have their applications passed on to the host site(s) of their interest.
6. Final Interview: After reviewing application information, host site(s) will hold interviews with those applicants whom they feel are best suited for their environment and the important work to be carried out. All final placement decisions will be made by the NH Food Insecurity AmeriCorps Program team and candidates will be contacted directly.