Showcase of Donor-Funded Professorships, Programs, and Initiatives
During this second showcase session, participants heard from campus leaders that have successfully garnered resources for dedicated projects and professorships. Time was allocated for attendees to ask questions and connect directly with presenters.
- JAG Public Services Fellows Program (Muskingum University)
- Brian King, Associate Professor of Political Science and Co-Director, John and Annie Glenn Public Service Fellows Program
- Keith Eberly, Associate Professor of Education and Co-Director, John and Annie Glenn Public Service Fellows Program
- McCormick Internship Program and Steans Graduate Fellowship (DePaul University)
- Howard Rosing, Executive Director of the Steans Center
- Padnos/Sarosik Endowed Professor of Civil Discourse (Grand Valley State University)
- Occasionally, inspired donors come to the institution with an idea that also inspires us. At Grand Valley State University, we have been able to craft a vision together with supporters and move towards making a difference in building a civil society—a society in which we listen to one another. The Padnos/Sarosik Endowed Professorship of Civil Discourse grew out of this joint vision and is a program that elevates the civil discourse and dialogue work of the endowed professor who is selected through a competitive process. As part of the professorship, the Endowed Professor develops an undergraduate course and public symposium which facilitate the use of civil discourse in examining divergent views about a contemporary issue.
- Lisa Perhamus, Director of the Padnos/Sarosik Center for Civic Discourse and Associate Professor in the Foundations of Education Program
- Mark Schaub, Dean, Brooks Colleg of Interdisciplinary Studies
Watch the full session here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzUJRrxc-xg.